Best Evening Routine For Sleep
CBD Education Series
We know how important sleep is and we know how hard it can be to let go of the day and wind down. Small habits & routines are vital to a good night’s sleep. We’ve put together a routine to help you, showing you what you can do to relax and get the sleep you need.
Many Canadians Struggle with Sleeping Well
The average adult needs 7-9 hours of sleep. Unfortunately, studies show that about 25% of Canadian adults are dissatisfied & struggle with their sleep. Lack of sleep can cause many unwanted issues to arise within you. It means your body isn’t able to heal itself & restore its chemical balance during those crucial night-time hours. This then leads to anxiety, depression, moodiness, brain fog and can even weaken your immune system.
Whether your mind is keeping you from falling asleep or it’s your insomnia & sleep disturbances that have you tossing and turning all night, there are things you can do to prepare yourself for a good night’s sleep.
Small everyday habits & routines can bring you mental peace & balance. Sticking to an evening routine can help your body unwind and prepare for a good night’s sleep. By taking time to unwind you’re letting your body & mind know that the day is coming to an end, it’s time to rest.
Healthy Habits for a Better Quality of Sleep
Here are some handy tips to improve your sleep:
- Go to bed and wake up at around the same time each day. This helps regulate your circadian rhythm, also known as your body’s internal clock. Your internal clock regulates your sleep/wake cycle.
- No caffeine after 2 pm. You could even go so far as to cutting out caffeine completely, or a few times a week.
- Avoid eating heavy meals at least 3 hours before bed.
- Exercise regularly!
- Clock out, no work before bed! Whether you work from home or in an office, let your workday come to an end so your mind can refresh and you can reset.
We’ve also put together an evening routine to help you get the night of sleep you need.
Our After-Work Evening Routine:
- Put on your favorite evening tunes, something soft & relaxing.
- Prepare for the next day by tidying your home so you wake up to a clean space. Clear your space, clear your mind! This can be as short as 10 minutes but don’t rush to get this done. Take your time. Remember your unwinding.
- Empty your mind with a short to-do list for tomorrow writing down your most important tasks.
- Now you’re ready for Self-Care!
- Start with a short stretching session. Try incorporating foam rolling & soft tissue work or some evening yoga to release tension.
- Then pour yourself an evening bath or take a hot shower.
- Turn off your devices! We’ve all heard it before, but this one is a game-changer. Our minds are constantly being stimulated through our devices. Try logging off, at least before you get ready for bed.
- Light some candles or dim the lights, to set a soothing atmosphere.
- Once you’re ready to cozy up in bed, take a dose of our all-natural CBD Sleep Complex. We’ve created this special formula for the most potent relief of insomnia and interrupted sleep. It contains CBN + CBD & Melatonin. Melatonin is a natural sleep aid and is a hormone we have in our bodies that helps regulate the circadian rhythm. A low melatonin level can disrupt a person’s circadian rhythm and sleep pattern causing insomnia & sleep disruptions.
- Now, don’t lie in bed waiting to fall asleep, instead enjoy distracting your mind by reading a book or listening to the audio version.
- When your eyes start feeling heavy and you’re ready to sleep, turn off all the lights & blow out your candles. The darker your room the better. If your room isn’t dark then try wearing a face mask.
Final Words On Starting Your Sleep Routine
Don’t feel stressed about having to fit all of these things into your evening routine. Pick and choose the things that feel good to you, after all, that’s the whole point. Relax. Enjoy the relaxation.
What feels good to you one day might not feel so good another. It’s okay to switch it up, what’s truly important though is that you take time for yourself to unwind and let go of the day, taking small steps to prepare for a good night’s sleep.
Where Can I Get The Best CBN Formula for Sleep?
Made in BC with all-natural ingredients, our CBN Sleep Oil was specially formulated to give you the best possible sleep.
We’ve combined the powerful, sleep-promoting properties of CBN, CBD & Melatonin, all together in our CBN Sleep Complex to help you get to bed easier and to stay asleep for longer.
To use it, simply place 0.5-1mL of our CBN Sleep Oil under your tongue, and hold it there for 30 seconds, before washing it down with water. Or, you can mix the CBN Sleep Oil into any nightime drink – like a soothing chamomile tea or a warm glass of milk.